WHAT IF I DON’T LIKE YOU?
How do we love our enemies when we don’t even like them? Thankfully, we don’t have to have warm, fuzzy feelings for other people in order to love them. We can . . .
- treat them with patience.
- be kind.
- rid ourselves of envy or arrogance.
- be polite and look to their interests.
- refrain from anger and stop keeping score of wrongdoings.
- pursue the truth.
- hope for better times.
- pray for them, for ourselves, and for our relationships.
If we do these things, we are loving our enemies; and that kind of love will never fail.
—from devozine (November/December 2010). Copyright © 2010 by The Upper Room®. All rights reserved.